|Born||November 1, 1930(1930-11-01)|
|Died||July 7, 2011(2011-07-07) (aged 80)|
Abdul Qavi Desnavi(Urdu: عبدالقوى دسنوى), November 1,1930 - July 7, 2011) was an Indian eminent Writer, Critic, Bibliographist, Linguist and Scholar of Urdu language. He has authored more than 50 books on Urdu literature. His books also translated in other languages. His important work was about Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Mirza Ghalib, Allama Muhammad Iqbal and litterateurs of Bhopal. He was recipient of several awards. He received Senior Fellowship from the Union Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. His great treatise was a voluminous book on one of India’s frontline freedom fighter and first Union Education Minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad over 900 pages titled "Hayat-e-Abul Kalam Azad" which he penned in the year 2000. It was acclaimed nationally and internationally.
Desnavi was born on November 1, 1930 in village Desna of block Asthawan in Nalanda district Bihar. He was belonged to the family of Great Muslim scholar Syed Sulaiman Nadvi, who was one of the eminent historian and biographers of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, during his times. He was the 2nd son of late Prof. S.M. Saeed Raza, who was Professor of Urdu, Arabic and Persian languages in St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. His elder brother was Prof. Syed Mohi Raza and younger brother was Syed Abdul Wali Desnavi.
Many scholars,poets and teachers of today such as lyricist Javed Akhtar, Poet Mushtaq Singh, Prof. Muzaffar Hanfi, Selani Silwatte, Prof. Khalid Mehmood, Prof. Mohammed Naumaan Khan, Prof. Afaq Husain Siddiqui, Poet Iqbal Masood, Dr.Iqbal Masood Nadvi, Ahsam Uddin Farooqui, Khurshid Akhtar, Mohammed Naseem, Dr. Qamar Ali Shah, Prof. Yaqoob Yawar, Molana Sharafat Ali Nadvi, Prof. Arjumand Bano Afshan etc. were under his tutelage during their student days in Bhopal and are now sparkling in the Urdu world. Under his guidance many students attained PhD degrees.
CareerDesnavi had his primary education in Arrah town of Bihar state. After completing his Graduation & Post Graduation in First Division from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, he joined Department of Urdu in Saifia Post Graduate College in February 1961. He became Professor and Head of the Urdu Department of Saifia P.G. College. He was well-known literary figure in India and in the Urdu world. He retired in 1990. He was also holding many Honorary positions as,
A.Q. DESNAVI WITH HIS WIFE.
- Additional Principal of Saifia Post Graduate College, Bhopal.(1983–1985).
- Secretary of Madhya Pradesh Urdu Academy, Bhopal, (1991–92).
- Elected Member Majlis E Aam Anjuman Taraqqui Urdu (Hind), New Delhi (1979–1984).
- Member of All India Anjuman Taraqui Urdu Board, New Delhi, (1977–1978).
- Member of Program Advisory Committee, All India Radio, Bhopal (1978–1979).
- Member Executive Council, Barkatullah University Bhopal, (1980–1982).
- Chairman of Board of Studies,Urdu, Persian & Arabic, Barkatullah University Bhopal, (1977–1980) and (1984–1985).
- Dean Faculty of Arts, Barkatullah University Bhopal, (1980–1982).
- Member Working Committee, Taj-ul-Masajid, Bhopal.
- Shibli Award, Mumbai, 1957.
- Senior Fellowship, Ministry of Education & Culture, Government Of India for 4 Years, 1979-1983.
- Awarded Sanad “Imteyaz Meer” All India Meer Academy, Lucknow 1981.
- Nawab Siddique Hasan Khan Provincial Award, Bhopal 1986.
- Bihar Urdu Academy Award, for recognition of Urdu services (1988–89) and (1989–90)
- All India "Parvez Shahidi Award" West Bengal Urdu Academy, Calcutta 1998.
Awards on Books
- Sat Tahriren, Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy Lucknow, 1975.
- Uneesween Sadi Mein Iqbal, Bihar Urdu Academy Patna, 1977.
- Motala-E-Khotoot Ghalib, Bihar Urdu Academ Patna, 1979.
- Motala-E-Ghobar-E-Khatir, Bihar Urdu Academy Patna, 1981.
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash, Bihar Urdu Academy Patna, 1984.
- Abul Kalam Azad Academy, Bihar Urdu Academy Patna, 1987.
- Yadgar—E—Suleman, Maghribi Bengal Urdu Academy Calcutta, 1984.
- Talash—E—Azad Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy Lucknow, 1991.
- Talash—E—Azad Bihar Urdu Academy Patna, 1991.
- Talash—E—Azad West Bengal Urdu Academy Calcutta, 1993.
- Urdu Shairi Ki Gayarah Awazain Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy Lucknow, 1993.
- Urdu Shairi Ki Gayarah Awazain Bihar Urdu Academy Patna, 1993.
Research And Critical Work
- Ek Aur Mashriqi Kutub Khana Publisher, Jamiat Tulba, Desna, 1954.
- Hasrat Ki Siyasi Zindagi Publisher, Jamiat Tulba, Desna, 1956.
- Allama Iqbal Bhopal Mein Publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal, 1967.
- Bhopal Aur Ghalib Publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal, 1969.
- Nuskha-E-Bhopal Aur Nuskha-A-Bhopal Sani Publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal, 1970.
- Ek Shahar Panch Mushahir Publisher, Naseem Book Depot, 1973.
- Motala—E—Khotoot—E—Ghalib 1975, (Edition 2nd) 1979.
- Sat Tahriren Publisher, Naseem Book Depot, 1975.
- Talash-O—Taasur Publisher, Naseem Book Depot, 1977.
- Mehdi Hassan Efadi Publisher, Naseem Book Depot, 1977.
- Iqbal Uneesween Sadi Mein Publisher, Naseem Book Depot, 1977.
- Iqbal Aur Dilli Publisher Nai Awaz Jamia Nagar New Delhi, 1978.
- Motala-E-Ghobar-E—Khatir Publisher Nai Awaz Jamia Nagar New Delhi,1981.
- Iqbal Aur Darul Iqbal Bhopal Publisher, Naseem Book Depot,1983.
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash Makataba Jamia, 1984.
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash Publisher, Globe Publishers, Urdu Bazar Lahore, Pakistan 1985.
- Abul Kalam Azad Urdu, Publisher Sahitya Akademi1987.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Mohiuddin Ahmad Azad Dehlavi 1988.
- Talash—E—Azad Publisher, Maharashtra Urdu Academy.
- Talash-i-Azad,Shaqsiyat,Khidmat,Chand Jhelkian Maktaba Jamia-New Delhi, 1990.
- Ajnabi Shahr 1992.
- Urdu Shairi Ki Gayarah AwazainPublisher, Nai Awaz Jamia Nagar New Delhi.
- Masreen wa Mutaliqat AzadPublisher Nai Awaz Jamia Nagar New Delhi.
- Hayat Abul Kalam Azad Publisher, Modern Publishing House New Delhi, 2000.
- Mai Urdu Hoon 2006.
- Editor, Karwane Adab - Urdu Deptt.St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, 1957.
- Aur Hindustan Jag Utha 1963.
- Mazameen Lisan-un-Sidque 1967.
- Qadir Nama-E—Ghalib 1971.
- Nazr—E-Sajjad (1974)
- Mirza Salaamat Ali Dabeer 1977.
- Bachon Ka Iqbal 1978.
- Abdul Haque Banam Mahvi 1980.
- Nazre—Takhallus 1981.
- Armoghane-Saifia (Co—Editor) 1986.
- Mahanama Lisan-un-Sidque 1988.
- Jawaharlal—O—Azad (Co—Editor) 1990.
- Fakhernama (Co—Editor) 1997.
- Dur Dais Se 2005
- Ghalibyat 1969.
- Anis Numa 1973.
- Hindustan Main Iqbaliat 1976.
- Dhanpat Rai Nawab Rai Premchand 1981.
- Yadgar—E—Sulaiman 1984.
- Yadgar—E—Azad 1989.
- Bombai Se Bhopal Tek 2004.
Books Translated in other Languages
- Abul Kalam Azad Hindi language Translated by Janki Prashad sharma, Publisher Sahitya Akademi(1987)
- Abul Kalam Azad Punjabi language Translated Inder Singh Raz Publisher Sahitya Akademi (1988)
- Abul Kalam Azad English language Translated Syeda Syedain Hamid Publisher Sahitya Akademi(1991)
- Abul Kalam Azad Maithili language Translated Fazlur Rehman Hashmi Publisher Sahitya Akademi Academy(1994)
Articles Published In Special Edition Of MagazinesOut of more than 300 Articles, Few of his Articles are listed below
- Azad Number, Urdu Adab, Aligarh (1959) “Lisanussidque”
- Ghalib Number, Urdu Adab Aligarh (1969) "Khum Khana-E-Jawaid Aur Ghaltb”
- Ghalib Number,Jamia Delhi (1969) “Maulana Abbas Rafat”
- Ghalib Number Shair, Bombay (1969) “Yar Mohammad Khan Shokat
- Ghalib Number—(I) Nuqoosh, Lahore Pakistan (1969) “Ghalib Ke Khelaf Ek Kitab Ka Taaruf”
- Ghalib Number—(III) Nuqoosh, Lahore Pakistan (1971)
- Qadir Nama
- Biyaz—E—Ghalib (Nuskha—E—Bhopal Sani)
- Ghalib Number Urdu Karachi (1969) “Abul Fazal Mohammad Rafat Sherwani”
- Ghalib Number Adab—E—Lateef Lahore (1969) "Ghalib Ka Ek Shagird”
- Ghalib Number, Nai Qadren, Hyderabad Pak (1969) Ghalib Aur April Fool
- Ghalib Number Naya Daur, Lucknow (1969) “Bhopal Aur Ghalib”
- Ghalib Number Ajkal, Delhi (1969) “Insha-E-Noor Chashm”
- Ghalib Number Subras, Hyderabad (1969) Hashmi Aur Nuskha-E-Hameedia
- Ghalib Number Majalla—E—Saifia(1969—70) “Nuksha-E-Bhopal Aur Nuskha-E-Bhopal Sani”
- Ghalib Number (II) Urdu-E-Molla, Delhi (1961) Ghalib Numa
- Iqbal Number (I), Nuqoosh, Lahore Pakistan (Sep. 1977) Hayat—E—Iqbal
- Iqbal Number (II), Nuqoosh Lahore Pakistan (Dec.1977)
- Yadgar—E—Iqbal, Majalla—E—Saifia, Bhopal (1980)
- Nadvi Number, Subras Hyderabad (April 1968), "Najeeb Ashraf Nadvi"
- Ehtisham Hussain Number, Frogh e Urdu Lucknow (1974)
- Ehtisham Number Aahang Gaya (Jul-Nov.1973)
- Abdul Haque Number Quami Zaban (1967) “Mahvi Siddique”
- Talimi Number, Albilagh, Bombay (Dec. 1954)
- Jan Nisar Akhtar Number Fan Aur Shkshiyat, Bombay (1976) “Jan Nisar Ki Ghazlen”
- Chakbast Number, Froghe Urdu Lucknow (1977) “Chakbast Ki Nazmen”
- Krishin Chander Number, Shair Bombay (1977) “Krishn Chander Ki Yad”
- Dabir Number, Kitab Numa Delhi (1977) “Mirza Salamat Ali Dabir Aur Dabiryat”
- Abdul Majid Daryabadi Number, Naya Daur, Lucknow
- Khalilur Rahman Azmi Number, Shair Bombay “Hayat Khalilur Rahman Azmi”
- Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari Number, Ajkal (Delhi. 1981)
- Faiz Ahmad Faiz Number, Fan Aur Shaksiat Bombay (March 1979 —March 1981)
- Qateel Shifai Number, Fan Aur Shaksiat Bombay, (June 1982) “Ek Khat Ek Khushboo"
- Firaq Number, Naya Daur Lucknow, (March–May 1982) “Firaq Ek Qabil Qadar Danishwar Ek
- Salnama Nuqoosh Lahore,Pakistan (June 1985) “Maktoob Nigar Firaq”
- Firaq Gorakhpuri Number, Urdu Adab Delhi, (1983—84) “Maktoob Nigar Firaq”
- Allama Mehvi Siddique Number, Asbaq Poona (1983) “Maulana Mehvi Siddique”
- Sahir Number, Fan Aur Shaqsiyat, Bombay (1985) “Sahir Talkhyan Parchaiyan”
- Iqbal Number, Urdu Adab Delhi (1979) “Hindustan Mein Iqbalyat”
- Sahafat Number-2, Ajkal Delhi (1984) “Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Aur Haftwar Paigham”
- Akbari Iqbal Number, Shagoofa, Hyderabad (1986) “Iqbal Ki Tanzia Aur Mizahia Shairy”
- Majrooh Sultanpuri Number Chiragh, Bombay
- Mohammad Tofail Number, Nuqoosh Lahore Pakistan(July 1987)
- Yad—A—Raftagan Number, (Hissa—E-Avval) Naya Daur Lucknow (1988)
- Ganesh Bihari Tarz Number, Fan Aur Shakhsiyat(Sept. 1988) “Ganesh Bihari Tarz”
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Number, Aiwan—E—Urdu Delhi — (Dec. 1988)
- Abul Kalam Azad Number, Naya Daur,Lucknow
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Ka Siyasi Safar Pahil! Graftari Tak
- Abul Kalam Azad Number, Rooh-E—Adab - Calcutta
- Abul Kalam Azad Wadi-E-Shaery Mein
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Calcutta Par Qarz
Articles Published In Books
- Maulana Mahvi Siddique Bachon Key Sahir Balak Bagh Mayar—A—Adab Book Depot (1976)
- Akbar Ka Zamana Fan Aur Unki Gazal Goyee Ka Avvali Daur, Akbar Allahabadi : Bihar Urdu Academy Patna (1984)
- Allama Sulaiman Nadvi Aur Reyasat Bhopal Motala—E-Sulaiman : Darul Uloom, Tajul Masajid, Bhopal (1986)
- Malik Ram Aur Abul Kalam Azad, Malik Ram Ek Motalea : Maktaba Jamia Ltd., New Delhi (1986)
- Iqbal Ki Urdu Ghazal Goi (1905 Tak) Ramooz—E—Iqbal : Shoba—E—Urdu, Calcutta University, Calcutta (1984)
- Mohib—E-Watan Hall,Hali Fan Aur Shakhsiat Haryana Sahitya Academy, Chandigarh (1986)
- Zakir Hussain Sahib - Baten Uski Yad Ati Hain Naqsh-E-Zakir Maktaba Jamia,New Delhi (1987)
- Syed Sulaiman Nadvi Ka Urdu Kalam Allama Syed Sulaiman Nadvi,Bihar Urdu Academy, Patna (1988)
- Azad Key Sahafati Safar Ki Pahli Manzil, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Bihar Urdu Academy Patna (1989)
- Iqbal Review (Hyderabad) : Ajkal, Delhi (Sep.1979)
- Iqbal, Nazrul Aur Tagore : Ajkal, Delhi (Sep.1979)
- Iqbal Jamia Ke Mosannefeen Ki Nazar Mein, Ajkal, N.Delhi Nov.1979 (Dr. Narang)
- Jaiza Makhtootat Urdu (Mushfiq Khawaja), Shanaqt Bhopal No.
- Iqbal Review (Hyderabad) : Shanakht Bhopal No. 2 (1980)
- Maasreen (Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabad) Sahir Bombay Vol. 51 — No. 7 (1980)
- Wazahati Kitabiyat (Dr.Gopi Chand Narang) & Dr. Hanfi, Kitab Numa Delhi (Dec. 1980)
- Namood—E-Hasti (Dr. Mohammad Hasnain), Zabano-O-Adab Patna (Jan — March 1982)
- Anees Shanasi (Dr. Gopi Chand Narang, Kitab Numa Delhi (March 1983)
- Urdu Nazm Moarra Aur Azad Nazm, Dr. Hanif Kaifi, Kitab Numa Delhi (July 1984)
- Urdu Afsana Revayat Aur Masael (Dr.Gopi Chand Narang), Jaiza Edit: Muzaffar Hanfi, Khalid Mahmood
- Mir Taqi Mi Number (Nuqoosh Lahore) Jaiza:Muzaffar Hanfi Khalid Mahmood.
- Jaiza (Muzaffar Hanfi & Khalid Mahmood) Kitab Numa Delhi.
- Tilamza-E—Ghalib (Malik Ram)Kitab Numa Delhi, (April 1986)
- Guftar—E—Ghalib (Malik Ram) Kitab Numa Delhi, (Aug. 1986)
- Tuhfa-E-Suroor Shamsur Rehman Farooqi Kitab Numa Delhi (Jan 1987)
- Jagti Raton Ki Fasl (Murtaza Ali Shad) Ajkal Delhi (May 1989)
- Kuch Abul Kalam Azad Ke Bare Mein -Malik Ram Ajkal Delhi (Feb 1990)
Prefaces,Introductions,Impressions & Letters
- Taaruf Samunder Ashna (Khalid Mahmood)(1982)
- Taaruf Naqd Bijnori (Hadiqa Begam) (1984)
- Pesh Lafz Haftrang (Shahid, Meer) (1981)
- Pesh Lafz Phulwari (Hafiz Abdul Razzaq Baqvi) (1982)
- Pesh Lafz Dr. Muzaffar Hanfi (Dr. Mahboob, Rahi) (1986)
- Pesh Lafz Raqs—E—Nawa (Nusrat Siddique) (1988)
- Taasurat Nigam Number Naya Daur Lucknow (1982)
- Tajzia Suraj Mukhi (Sham Barakpuri) Dragone (1986)
- Pesh Lafz Motaleat (Dr. Nasim Shahanvi) (1981)
Articles Read In Seminar
- Iqbal Ki Nazm—Goi (1901—1905):Iqbal Sadi Taqribat Calcutta University, (1979)
- Akbar Ka Zarifana Kalam : Chotha All India Jushan Zarafat, Patna (1980)
- Ghalib Sadi Say Iqbal Aur Prem Chand Sadi Tak
- Iqbal Ki Tanzia Aur Mazahiashair Yom—E-Iqbal, Iqbal Academy Hyderabad (1980)
- Iqbal Aur Khawja Hassan Nizami
- Chaodhwin Sadi Hijir Main Urdu Key Zarya Din Ki Khidmat
- Syed Fazlul Hassan Hasrat Mohani Pahilibar Qaid Farag mein
- Akbar Allahabadi Ka Zamana, Fan Aur Gazal Goi Ki Avvalin (1983)
- Syed Sulaiman Nadvi Ka Urdu Kalam
- Maulana Syed Sulaiman Nadvi Aur Riyasat Bhopal
- Mohib-E-Watan Hall Taqribat Yom-E-Hali,Haryana Sahitya Academy, Chandigarh.
- Azad Key Sahafaty Safar Ki Pahli Manzil-Lisanussidque
- Iqbal Aur Unkey Ek Jalilul Qadar Hamasr Abul Kalam Azad
- Maulana Azad Pahli Bar Qaid-E-Farang Mein
Under his Guidance PhD Degree Awarded by Barkatullah University to the following Students
- Dr. Muzzafer Hanafi - "Shad Arfi Shaksiat Aur Fun" 1974 Published - 1977
- Dr. Hadiqa Bagum - "Abdul Rehman Bijnori Hayat Aur Khidmat" 1981 Published - 1984
- Dr. Naseem Shanvi- "Urdu Tanquid Ka Marxi Dabistan"1981
- Dr. Mohammed Ayub Khan - "Iqbal Aur Gazal Goi" 1982
- Dr. Safia Wadood - "Takhalus Bhopali Hayat Aur Khidmat" 1984 Published - 1993
- Dr. Arjumand Bano - " Riasat Bhopal Aur Mushahir Urdu" 1989
- Dr. Shan Ahmed Fakhri - "Sironj Ki Khidmat"1990 Published - 1999
- Dr. Yaqoob Ali Khan - "Taraqqui Pasand Shairi Aik Jaiza"1990 Published - 1997
- Dr. Mohammed Naumaan Khan - "Bhopal Main Urdu Inzamam Ke Baid"1990
- Urdu Ke Aik Bisaar Naweis Qalam Kar by Dr. Giyan Chand Jain - America.
- Prof. Abdul Qavi Desnavi, Bahasiyat Azad Shinas by Prof. Riyaz Ur Rehman Sherwani - Aligarh.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi, Aik Jasoos Aik Mukhber by Ibrahim Yusuf - Bhopal.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi, Aik Iqbal Shinas by Dr. Rafi Uddin Hashmi - Pakistan.
- Abul Kalam Azad Per Aik Nazer by Dr. Mohi Raza - Mumbai.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi Ki Tanqeed Nigari by Dr. Hamid Husain - Bhopal.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi Watan Mein Ujnabi by Prof. Abdul Mughni - Patna.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi, Bahasiyat Ghalib Shinas by Prof. Hanif Naqvi - Banaras.
- Qavi Sahab by Prof. Muzaffer Hanafi - Delhi.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi Aur Bhopal by Hakim Syed Zullul Rehaman - Aligarh.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi Roshini Ka Humsafer by Ishrat Qaudri - Bhopal.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi Aur Bhopal by Syed Akhtar Husain (Master Akhtar) - Bhopal.
- Yadash Bakhair by Dr. Adam Shaikh - Mumbai.
- Yadyare Maherbain by Dr. Mujahid Husain - Mumbai.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi, Bahasiyat Ghalib Shinas by Prof. Hanif Naqvi - Banaras.
- Chend Lamhat Abdul Qavi Desnavi Ki Sath by Hamid Surti - Mumbai.
- Qavi Sahab Aik Misali Ustad, Misali Insan by Prof. Afaq Husain Siddiqui - Ujjain.
- Sarzamin Bhopal Ka Hudi Khuwan by Arif Aziz - Bhopal.
- Haqiqi Muhabe Urdu Abdul Qavi Desnavi by Kausar Siddiqui - Bhopal.
- Qavi Sahab Aur Bhopal by Yaqub Yawar - Banaras.
- Abdul qavi Desnavi Aik Nazeer Saz Shaksiyat by Dr. Gulam Husain - Ujjain.
- Mushafeq Ustad Prof. Abdul Qavi Desnavi by Farhat Jehan - Bhopal.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi, Hema Jihat Shaksiyat by Syed Anwar Husain Anwar - Berasiya.
- Kuch Mere Aur Abdul Qavi Desnavi Ke Bara Mein by Nissar Rahi - Bhopal.
- Ustad Muhtram by Ahsaam Uddin Farooqui - New Delhi
- Prof. Abdul qavi Desnavi, Shaksiyat Ke Aina Mein by Saifi Sironjee - Sironj.
- Aber Nissyan by Dr. Shan Fakhri - Sironj.
- Qavi Sahab Meri Nazar Mein by Prof. Arjumand Bano Afshan - Bhopal.
- Abdul qavi Desnavi, Mere Mohsin Mere Ustad by Mohammed Naseem - New Delhi.
- Kirdar Saaz Ustad by Zaibun Nisa Siddiqui - Bhopal.
- Saifia College Shobai Urdu Aik Missali Terbiyat Gah by Dr. Khalid Mehmood - New Delhi.
- Abdul qavi Desnavi, Aik Yaddasht by Siddiqur Rehman Qidwai.
- Abdul qavi Desnavi, Mumbai se Bhopal Tek by Prof. Abdul Sattar Dalvi - Mumbai.
- Ah Qavi Sahab, by Prof. Muzaffer Hanafi - New Delhi.
- Prof. Abdul qavi Desnavi, Urdu Science Nawaz Shaksiyat by Mohammed Khalil - New Delhi.
- Pasban-e-Urdu by Rahbar Joanpuri.
- Nazre Abdul Qavi Desnavi by Arshad Siddiqui.
- Anjuman Ilm-O-Kamal by Zafar Sahbai.
- Herf-e-Khuloos by Kausar Siddiqui.
- Shan-e-Imtiaz by Zafar Naseemi.
- Qandil-e-Hikmat,Abdul Qavi Desnavi by Wafa Siddiqui.
- Kharaj-e-Tehsin by Arman Akberabadi.
- Pahchaan Hei Saifia by Kamil Baihzadi.
- Prof. Abdul Qavi Desnavi by Mateen Qurashi Shaheed.
- Aik Nazem by Iqbal Masood.
Illness and DeathProf. Desnavi died at about 5 am on 7 July 2011 in a private hospital where he was admitted following complaints of old age related diseases. He is survived by his wife, three sons and four daughters and a large number of relatives and Literary friends to mourn his loss. He was buried to rest in Bada- Bagh graveyard in the evening after “Maghrib” prayers wherein a large number of literary personalities and elite of the town participated in his funeral procession.
Source : Wikipedia